Dear 3rd Grade Parents,
We had a fantastic and fun-filled Literacy Week! Students truly enjoyed all of the festivities planned.
Throughout the upcoming week, we ask that students bring in clean recyclable items (ie. plastic bottles, tin cans, egg cartons, paper towel rolls, tissue boxes, etc.).
Dates to Remember:
- February 11th: Last day to submit PTSO Candygram order forms
- February 13th: Science Incursion: Designathon Works – A Google Form will be sent to your e-mail in place of the permission form for this field trip.
- February 16th: Professional Development Day – No school for students
- February 27th: Sports Day
- Reading: Students will continue building on their skills as nonfiction readers by responding to nonfiction texts and continuing to recognize opinion from facts, as well as facts from realistic fiction.
- Writing: Students will work on developing their writing, finalizing their drafts, and publishing their expository texts.
- Math: We have started our new unit, Unit 4, of Measurement and Fractions. Students will delve into the measurement of time, capacity and mass.
- Unit of Inquiry: We will wrap up our inquiry into reforestation by dropping seed bombs onto an area of soil to watch the way plants regenerate naturally. Please remember, on Sunday, students must bring back their completed Identify, Imagine, and Plan sections of their graphic organizer (see this week’s homework). Next Thursday, we will host an incursion in the MPH surrounding the Engineering Design Process, where students will come up with ideas and prototypes surrounding food and climate issues.
We wish you a wonderful weekend!
Grade 3 Team