October 31, 2019
We had a wonderful first week back from Midterm break. Students especially enjoyed our Halloween celebration on Thursday.
Please note the points below for the upcoming week of school.
The swimming unit in PE is now finished. Please see the following note from the PE department for the next unit:
Our next PE Unit starts on Nov 3 – Nov 21. All the lessons will be outside. We will be using the grass fields/artificial playground and the running track. Your students will need the following:
- PE Uniform.
- PE Shoes. (No football boots, no sandals)The students will be running on the track.
- A full bottle of water. (Students will not be able to go to the water fountain, so it’s very important they have a full water bottle).
- A hat if they wish to wear one.
Dates to Remember:
- November 3 – UAE Flag Day: Third grade students that will be on campus for our Flag Day celebrations are expected to wear a green shirt for the Flag Day picture.
This upcoming week, students will be working on:
- Writing – Students will continue to build on their understanding of opinion writing. Students will work on forming “bold and brave opinions” and continue their understanding of writing persuasive speeches.
- Reading – Students will inquire into and explore different types of poetic language and figures of speech such as alliteration, onomatopoeia, similes and metaphors.
- Math – This week, we will continue our journey into understanding multiplication using a variety of strategies.
- Unit of Inquiry – Students will continue their learning journey into the unit of How We Express Ourselves, looking at the aspect of culture. We will explore aspects from the children’s own cultures as well as the local culture here in the UAE.
We are looking forward to a wonderful Flag Day celebration and a week of learning ahead!
Grade 3 Team