September 18, 2019
It was a pleasure meeting many of you last night at our Back to School Night.
Please find below some updates for the next week of school:
- Sunday will be a Day E and we will follow through to Day A on Thursday.
Dates to Remember:
- IPad information night will be happening on Wednesday, September 25th at 3:30 pm in the MPH. We ask that students attend with their parents so all teachers, parents, and students have the same understanding of expectations.
Curriculum this week:
- Writing – Students will continue their journey as writers, crafting true stories and focusing on small moments.
- Reading – It has been great to see how students are becoming more engaged as readers. We are going to continue our understanding of choosing “Just Right” books and reading for sustained periods of time. Students will be bringing their reading logs home beginning Sunday, to record their reading done at home.
- Math – We will begin our work on subtraction using a variety of strategies.
- Unit of Inquiry – We will be finding out about the qualities and characteristics of leaders and gaining a deeper understanding of how students can be leaders in their own lives.
Attached is a screenshot of our daily schedule and specialist rotation.
Have a lovely weekend,