To prevent spread of infections in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if they are not feeling well and notify the school on the first day of their absence.
Please keep your child at home and seek medical advice if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 100 degrees and your child may return to school only after his or her temperature has been fever free, for a minimum of 24 hours)
- Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
- Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough and sore throat
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
By keeping your child when they are sick you will help prevent others from catching their illness.
To help prevent the flu and other colds, please teach your children good hygiene habits:
- Cover your nose and mouthwith a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands. If a tissue is not available, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or the inside of your elbow, not your hand.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects.Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home or work, especially when someone is ill.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Colds are the most contagious during the first 48 hours. A child who has a fever should remain at home until “fever free” for a minimum of 24 hours. A child who has started antibiotics needs to be on the medication for 24 hours before considered non-contagious and able to return to school. Your child should be physically able to participate in all school activities on return to school. Keeping a sick child at home will minimize the spread of infections and viruses in the classroom.
For further information on flu and other viral illnesses please refer to www.cdc.gov or contact school clinic team.
Dr. Amna Ahmed Butt
Tel: 04 2326252 E: email@example.com
Universal American School