Dear UAS ES Teachers, Parents and Swimmers,
We are really excited to kick off the swimming portion of our PE curriculum and wanted to give you all some information so that you and your swimmers are prepared and ready to make a splash!
First of all, my name is Jason Schmidt, and I am the newly appointed Aquatics Director at UAS. Most of the swimmers call me Coach J, which is much easier than my surname, but as parents, please feel free to call me by my first name. I have been coaching and teaching swimming for over 20 years, and it is something that I am very passionate about. Swimming is a “life-skill” and our goal is to help your swimmer become more confident, more competent with strokes and their swimming mechanics (regardless of what their level of swimming is), increase their fitness levels, and most importantly be safe in and around the swimming pool.
The PE swimming curriculum will begin the week of October 6th, 2019, and we will start with C/G day, that Sunday. We will continue swimming until October 31st, 2019 while taking off the week of break, 20-24th of October.
*For those swimmers looking to tryout for the ES Scorpions Swim Team, this will take place after MS/JV/V Swim Team finishes in mid/end November. More information will follow via email from Coach J.
“What does my swimmer need for PE/Swim at UAS?”
• UAS Swim Suit or personal swim suit (girls 1 piece, no bikinis, boys either board short type or swim team jammers)
• UAS Swim Cap – Please note ALL swimmers must wear a swim cap, this helps keep hair and other products out of the pool.
• Shoes-flip flops, crocs, other water type shoes
• Tshirt / Shorts if needed and possibly extra underwear as needed/wanted
• Water bottle
• And sunblock – applied in the morning before school if possible.
• *In the event your child is not well and can’t swim, please let the classroom teacher,
PE Coach and myself know via a Doctors note, thanks.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me Jschmidt@uasdubai.ae. More specific information might come from your students classroom teacher. We look forward to meeting your swimmer(s) poolside next week!