Dear UAS ES Teachers, Parents and Swimmers,
We are really excited to kick off the swimming portion of our PE curriculum and wanted to give you all some information so that you and your swimmers are prepared and ready to make a splash!
First of all, my name is Jason Schmidt, and I am the newly appointed Aquatics Director at UAS. Most of the swimmers call me Coach J, which is much easier than my surname, but as parents, please feel free to call me by my first name. I have been coaching and teaching swimming for over 20 years, and it is something that I am very passionate about. Swimming is a “life-skill” and our goal is to help your swimmer become more confident, more competent with strokes and their swimming mechanics (regardless of what their level of swimming is), increase their fitness levels, and most importantly be safe in and around the swimming pool.
The PE swimming curriculum will begin the week of October 6th, 2019, and we will start with C/G day, that Sunday. We will continue swimming until October 31st, 2019 while taking off the week of break, 20-24th of October.
*For those swimmers looking to tryout for the ES Scorpions Swim Team, this will take place after MS/JV/V Swim Team finishes in mid/end November. More information will follow via email from Coach J.
“What does my swimmer need for PE/Swim at UAS?”
• UAS Swim Suit or personal swim suit (girls 1 piece, no bikinis, boys either board short type or swim team jammers)
• UAS Swim Cap – Please note ALL swimmers must wear a swim cap, this helps keep hair and other products out of the pool.
• Shoes-flip flops, crocs, other water type shoes
• Tshirt / Shorts if needed and possibly extra underwear as needed/wanted
• Water bottle
• And sunblock – applied in the morning before school if possible.
• *In the event your child is not well and can’t swim, please let the classroom teacher,
PE Coach and myself know via a Doctors note, thanks.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me Jschmidt@uasdubai.ae. More specific information might come from your students classroom teacher. We look forward to meeting your swimmer(s) poolside next week!
Back to School Night takes place this Wednesday, September 18th. There will be two sessions; the first beginning at 6pm until 6:30pm and the second at 7pm until 7:30pm. We will hold a 30 minute mix and mingle session in the library at 6:30pm until 7pm. Specialists (including music, art, library, PE, Arabic and Islamic teachers) will be there as well as LEAP and PTSO. External After school providers will be set up in the lobby as well.
Elementary After School Activities (ES ASA, Grades 1 to 5) Season 1 Registration is open on the UAS Parent Portal.
Please note these important dates:
ASA Season 1 will start Oct 1st 2019
ASA Season 1 will end Dec 5 2019
ASA Season 1 Registration Deadline: Oct 22 2019
ASA Season 1 Payment Due Date: Oct 22 2019
Click here to view the ASA Brochure.
Please follow the steps below to register your child for an ASA activity:
– Log on to your parent portal page here.
– Follow the link to choose the ASA Activity.
– After submitting the form, you will receive an immediate confirmation email that you have requested to register your child for an activity.
– If you register your child for a paid activity, kindly pay the outside providers by the due date of October 22, 2019.
*Please note that the registrations for paid ASA activities is not complete until full payment is made and without payment by the above deadline, ASA assignments will be given to other children.
*Please note that payments for External ASAs can be made directly to the outside providers during Back To School Night on September 18 between 6pm and 8pm. Alternatively, the providers will contact you directly for payment.
*Please note that spaces are limited in some activities and enrollment will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Cancelation may apply to an activity which does not reach a minimum number of registered students.
If you have any questions about the activities, please send an email to ASA Coordinator, Sarah Ghanem at email@example.com
For portal support please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Week Without Walls & ASA Coordinator