- NO SCHOOL Sunday
- Thank you to all parents who sent in Teacher Appreciation food on Wednesday. We absolutely gorged ourselves on your lovely cooking. Very much appreciated!
- Grade 2 MAP Testing :
- Tuesday 22nd May Maths
- Thursday 24th May Reading
- Monday 28th May Language Usage
- Ramadan is expected to begin 16th or 17th – date will be confirmed.
- Ramadan hours for students will be 8am – 1pm. Students will line up outside at 7h55.
- Students fasting during ramadan will go to the Music room during break times.
- Grade 2 Music concert will be Thursday 24th May at 8am. Students should be practicing their songs at home in order to learn all the words, and they should wear purple t-shirts the day of the concert.
Reading: Students are making great growth in terms of stamina and book appreciation as they read through their book series books. If your students have a book that they are reading at home, encourage them to bring it in to share with the class. Remember to ask questions about the books that your child is reading; ask them for their opinion. Would they recommend this book? Why or why not?
Writing: In Writer’s Workshop, we will continue to work on our All About books to go along with our Unit of Inquiry about habitats. Students will revise the form and function of writing different headings in an All About book and organize their information in every section of the book. Students have eagerly written shape poems about animals and/or plants that they are very proud to share.
Math for the week:
Sunday: 8.3 review Equal parts and fraction of sets
Monday: 8.4 Equivalent fraction
Wednesday: 8.5 Fractions of collections
Thursday: 8.5 review
Unit of Inquiry:
We are finishing up any outstanding learning and assessments from Sharing the Planet. We will also begin our tuning in to how we express ourselves, our final unit of this year.
It is a fun and engaging unit encouraging lots of creativity and imagination!
The central idea is ‘Imagination allows us think, create and express ourselves in new ways.”
Some useful links:
Imagination website: https://theimaginationtree.com/
Addition & subtraction games