- Sunday, Feb. 25 is a student holiday.
- Grades 2 and 3 will have Sports Day on Wednesday, Feb 21st. 2DO will be wearing green t-shirts that day.
- March 3rd will be International Day. Please watch for information about this day from the PTSO. You can talk to PTSO about being a volunteer at one of the booths.
- We have started a new unit of inquiry on Community Helpers. We will be looking for parents to be presenters where students can ask you questions about your job(s). Please contact me to book a time to present your job/career to our students.
- On Thursday, February 22nd, the Middle School Student Council will be holding its annual cookie sale to raise funds for the UAE Make-A-Wish Foundation. The students get to ice and decorate their own cookies. Cookies are 5 AED each and students can buy up to 2 cookies at one time. This will happen during their break time at lunch in front of the cafeteria under the shaded area with the picnic tables (middle/high school side). Please let your students know – this is a great cause and we’ve been doing it for 6 years now! All profits go to local children with terminal illnesses and help make a wish come true for them. Thank you for your support!
Reading: We are beginning a new unit of study, Bigger Books Mean Amping Up Reading Power. Students will be challenged to choose a reading voice to suit their text; read with fluency and expression; and use the meaning to match their voice.
Writing: In Writer’s Workshop, we will learn to write about our reading; reporting on the elements of our texts and author’s purpose. The first thing we are learning to write are letters.
Math for the week:
Sunday: – Unit 5 Review
Monday: – Unit 5 Review
Tuesday: – Unit 5 Test
Wednesday: – Unit 6 Pre-Test
Thursday: – Math Fluency/Review
Unit of Inquiry:
We have begun our new unit of inquiry, Workplaces. Students will understand different jobs, the tools needed, training and interconnectivity in our community. In this unit, we will be asking parents to come to school to talk about their job. Please contact your teacher if you can come in to talk to the students. Thank you for your support.
Some useful links:
Science information: http://easyscienceforkids.com/
Spelling homework: http://softschools.com/language_arts/worksheets/word_search_maker/