- April 25 and 26 will be Student Led Conferences. Please follow these directions to schedule your conference if you have not already done so.
- There will be a Book Fair by Bookworm in the ES library from Sunday to Wednesday. Students can bring money in an envelope for the fair, or visit with a parent.
- Our field trip to Dubai Safari Park will be Sunday, April 22nd. Students will need to have both a snack and a packed lunch for their trip. We will not be eating in the cafeteria Sunday. Students will also need to have a water bottle which can be refilled at the park.
- Sunday, May 13th will be a school holiday.
- Elementary Arts Display will be in the lobby for the next two weeks. Please see the information below.
Reading: We are continuing our unit in Reading called Series Book Clubs. Students will learn about characters by thinking about their relationships with other characters in the story.; and students will consider how authors paint pictures with words.
Writing: In Writer’s Workshop, we will be working on our All About books to go along with our Unit of Inquiry about habitats. Students will learn the different headings in an All About book and how to organize their information in each part of the book. In addition, students will write a poem about an animal that considers their habitat, diet, appearance and adaptation.
Math for the week:
Sunday: Lesson 7.3 Multiplication Stories
Monday: Unit 7 Review
Tuesday: Unit 7 Review
Wednesday: No classes
Thursday: No classes
Unit of Inquiry:
We are continuing our Science Unit of Inquiry Habitats. Students will complete their All About books and present them to the class. They will think of ways we affect our environment and think of ways to take action to help preserve plant and animal species.
Some useful links:
Spelling homework: http://softschools.com/language_arts/worksheets/word_search_maker/
Addition & subtraction games
Elementary Arts Alive Display
April 19 – May 3, 2018
We are pleased to announce that the elementary arts alive is officially on view! Our KG2 – 5th Grade students have worked hard since the beginning of the year to create the many different artworks currently hanging in the front and back lobby.
Due to the large number of students, only one artwork per student was chosen to be displayed. Parents are encouraged to collect the rest of their child’s art portfolio from the art room during Student Led Conferences.
Enjoy all the amazing art!