This week in KG-1
The children worked with partners to try and come up with a solution to solve some problems from the Fairy Tales we have read.
What is STEM?
STEM is an exciting approach to teaching that stimulates children’s creativity and draws upon their natural curiosity. Students gain knowledge and experience in science, technology, engineering and math by working on engaging, project based activities.
On Tuesday the children brought in items for the Ramadan Fridge. The class was very excited for this! They carried their own items across the street and placed the items inside the fridge. Thank you for sending in the food items.
The children completed various math centers based on graphing, counting, shapes and measuring.
Next week in KG-1
We will be reading Mo Williams stories and do activities around this. The children will get to visit KG-2 and meet all of the teachers during Moving On Up Day.
- Show and Tell– Next week (June 10-14) is the LAST WEEK FOR SHOW AND TELL.
- Portfolios– Your child will bring home their portfolio next Monday, June 11. These are complete and are yours to keep! We hope you enjoy them as much as we have enjoyed making them!
- Moving Up Day… We will visit the KG2 classrooms, next Tuesday, June 12. We will begin promptly at 8:30, so please have your child at school by 8:15! Your child should WEAR THEIR PURPLE CLASS T-SHIRT. Parents will not attend this.
- EOY Celebration- We are preparing for our End of Year Celebration for students and parents, on Tuesday, June 19, starting promptly at 11:30 in the MPH. We also have a song for Dads, so please try to attend if possible. We realize that some families will not be here as they will be traveling early, and it’s okay. Maybe just have those conversations with your child, that as we practice our songs in class, etc, they will understand that some people will not be in attendance. (It’s just the way it is at the end of the year).
- Food for EOY Celebration- We are asking parents to contribute food for the EOY Celebration and we have assigned food lists for each class! PLEASE BRING THE FOOD TO THE MPH AND PLACE ON THE TABLES AROUND 11:20. WE WILL BEGIN OUR PROGRAM PROMPTLY AT 11:30! I would like for my parents to bring one tray of a main entree. For example: individual size pizzas, chicken nuggets, mini hotdogs, small sandwiches, etc. NO NUTS!
- EID– There has been no formal announcement yet regarding the EID holiday. Most likely we will be off school 1-2 days. We will notify you when we receive the announcement.
- LEAVING – If your plans for your child’s last day has changed from what you have told me already, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so that we can have everything prepared and say our proper goodbyes!
- SUPERHERO DAY IS MONDAY, JUNE 18– DRESS AS YOUR FAVORITE!
- EOY CELEBRATION, TUESDAY, JUNE 19– DETAILS ABOVE!
- KG1 FUN DAY IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20– WEAR SWIMSUIT TO SCHOOL UNDER PURPLE CLASS T-SHIRT AND UNIFORM SHORTS! SEND A TOWEL FOR DRYING OFF, AS WE WILL GET WET OUTSIDE!
- THIS IS A VERY BUSY TIME OF YEAR FOR ALL OF US… PLEASE CHECK THE BLOG, ANY EMAILS AND YOUR JUNE CALENDARS FOR REMINDERS! THANKS!