This week in KG-1
Well done to this weeks performers who retold their stories – Richard, Dora, Abel, Tayyab, Daixin, Sheikha and Sara! Over the past two weeks we have all enjoyed listening to everyone retell their stories. So proud of all the effort put into making props, and practising at home.
We have been reading different versions of The Three Little Pigs – We even listened to a story which was from the Wolf’s perspective! We made puppets and the setting and retold to a partner and arranged the story in order.
Next week in KG-1
We will be identifying and problem solving based on the fairytales we have read over the past month. We will use a STEM approach to finding solutions.
- SWIMMING- We officially ended our swimming sessions for the year! The children were very brave this year and learned so much about having fun and being safe in the water. I am very proud at how responsible and independent everyone has become during the year. Next year in KG2, they will move up to the “big pool” and I know they can’t wait!
- LIBRARY- This week we checked out our last library book for the year! ALL LIBRARY BOOKS ARE DUE BACK ON WEDNESDAY. If your child has lost a book, please see Ms. Leslie to pay for it. We will continue to go visit Ms. Leslie until the last week of school.
- CLASS T-SHIRTS- Please continue to wear them the next 2 Sundays (June 3 and 10).
- RAMADAN FRIDGES- You received a letter this week with a permission slip attached to the bottom. It explains that we are participating in contributing food/drink items to the fridge next door at Spinneys for the Ramadan season. Your child should bring item/s from the list next TUESDAY, JUNE 5. They should only bring what they can carry themselves. WE MUST RECEIVE THE PERMISSION SLIP FOR THEM TO WALK OVER WITH THE CLASS.
- CALENDAR- The June calendar came home with your child this week. PLEASE read over it carefully as it explains some end of year activities that we are planning.
** Super Hero Day – Children can dress up as their favourite Superhero or create their own superhero (be creative and make your own costume)