This week in KG-1
This week the children finished their “Goldilocks” story bags (it came home on Thursday to share at home) they practised retelling it to a friend and then again in a small group. We acted out the story in small groups to the class each being a character.
We learnt a song about Goldilocks and the Three Bears
On Monday we were in the pool for swimming. The had a fabulous time! Over the next couple of weeks we will be learning and/or practising some swimming skills as well as having some fun in the pool!
A group of Grade 10 students came into the classroom on Tuesday to be our buddy readers. The children enjoyed listening to stories being read to them and sharing their name book and retelling stories.
In centers this week the children listened to a story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears at the listening center; Math games – working on one to one corresponds and quantifying numbers; retelling; and I spy books – Letter M.
Next Week in KG-1
We will be reading the story of The Little Red Hen. Our activities throughout the week will be based upon this story.
- LITERATURE BAGS- Your child brought home their Literature Bag for the last time this week. Since Ramadan begins next week, our work hours are reduced and we will not have time to prepare the bags each week. The only bag that will come home is the class toy to insure everyone has a turn. We hope you have enjoyed them!
- NO SCHOOL ON SUNDAY! There is a school holiday on Sunday, May 13.
- SWIMMING- We are continuing to swim each week on Monday
- PARENT WORKSHOP- For those of you who replied to our Parent Workshop survey- Thank you! We look forward to seeing you next Tuesday, May 15 in the Elementary Library. We will serve coffee at 7:30 in Elementary Library foyer on the top floor and will begin by 7:45.
- RAMADAN- Timings for KG1 actually does not change. Our day will begin at 8:00 and end at 12:45, as normal. If you bring your child to school, you will still drop them at the playground as we will play there for a while since it’s cooler in the mornings. Pickup is still 12:45 and buses will leave at 1:15. You may want to talk to your bus rider about lots of kids being on the bus (elementary, middle and high school), as they are used to only PK and KG1 together in the afternoons.
- TEACHER APPRECIATION- For those of you who sent in food for our Teacher Appreciation lunch on Wednesday, thank you so much!