This week in KG-1
We were artists – the children drew the other half to their face. Look at their great work!
We made bookmarks and on Thursday we celebrated World Read Aloud Day. We read together many stories through out the day and Mrs. Beam even came and read a story to us!
The children learnt a new song called BINGO.
In centers this week the children looked at pictures of different settings, drew a picture and explained why the picture made them sad; laced around objects; listened and took turns turning the pages to the story – “Miss Fox’s Class Goes Green”; Rolled a dice, identified and wrote the letter and attempted to draw a picture of something that started with the letter; threaded beads onto a skewer; reviewed the letters LL, Tt, Ee, Ff, Uu, Ii and Hh in file folders; drew a picture on what how they can help the earth and explored plants on pebble go.
Next week in KG-1
We will continue to learn about appreciating and ways to help the environment. Sorting shapes by how many sides and have our sports day on Thursday.
- You should have received a February Calendar in your child’s folder this week! Please post in a visible space, as we have a lot happening in KG1!!!
- Your child should continue to wear their PURPLE class t-shirt each Sunday for our Free Flow Inquiry. Ask your child what new things they have explored in different classrooms the past couple of Sundays. This has been a great learning opportunity for each child both socially and academically!
- We hope you and your child have your ideas about the Valentine’s Cards that you are making, printing or purchasing! This is a fun time for you to sit with them and work together. Remember that each friend’s name should be written on each card, and your child should WRITE THEIR OWN NAME so the friends will know who gave the card to them. These are due by Feb. 12.
- We sent out a Valentine’s Day Activities and Sign Up sheet this week (also on the blog). If you are able to volunteer that day with an activity OR to send in a snack, PLEASE sign up on the sheet this week.
- Our PK/KG1 Sports Day is Thursday, February 8. Your child should come to school wearing their PURPLE class t-shirt and velcro running shoes. This will be a teacher managed activity and no parents are needed.
- IXL is going very well and when your child utilizes this program, great things happen. It is a great review of what we are learning at school and the results are showing that it works! Please allow your child to login and practice for about 5-10 minutes, a few times each week!
- There is NO SCHOOL on Sunday, February 11. There is Teacher Professional Development that day.