We are excited to be sending home information for IXL today, a web-based math program that your child can explore and do “homework” at home now. Each child has their own username and login.
We will set monthly goals for them to work on. They can always work on more, but at least try to cover the areas below.
Below are the goals for December and January. The letter in your child’s folder will explain more details.
Thanks! KG1 Team
- C.1Learn to count – up to 10
- C.2Count objects – up to 10
- C.3Count dots – up to 10
- C.4Count shapes – up to 10
- C.5Count using stickers – up to 10
- C.6Count on ten frames – up to 10
- C.7Show numbers on ten frames – up to 10
- C.8Represent numbers – up to 10
- K.1Name the shape
- K.6Circles, squares, and triangles
This week in KG-1
This week we read many different versions of the story of The Gingerbread Man; some of the titles included The Gingerbread Girl and The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. The children enjoyed doing centers based on the Gingerbread Man which included – ordering the Gingerbread by size from smallest to biggest, creating and decorating Gingerbread out of playdough; and coloring their own Gingerbread book to share at home.
The children helped to make Gingerbread by measuring and adding the ingredients into the bowl. They loved smelling the ginger and the cinnamon that was added to the mixure!!!! The children rolled the dough out and used gingerbread cutters to make their Gingerbreads and placed them on the tray. Ms. C-C took them home to cook them. On Thursday while we were outside for recess the Gingerbread cookies RAN AWAY! We went on a hunt around the school looking for them, we had to stop and ask teachers along the way to see if they had seen them! When we finally found them we made sure the classroom door stayed shut while we decorated the cookies with icing and M&M’s and they were delicious!!!!!
Parents – Thank you for coming along to our winter celebration on Thursday morning that was held in the cafeteria. Here is the link of the performance – just incase you missed it or wanted to watch it again!!
Next week in KG-1
We will continue to read more Gingerbread stories followed with more activities based on the Gingerbread – we will even do an experiment with the Gingerbread cookies. On Thursday we will visit Santa before we depart for our winter break.
- Five Senses Show and Tell- Your child should bring ONE item related to seeing, smelling, tasting, hearing or touching, next week on their regular scheduled day. “If” they choose to bring an item for tasting, please remember no nuts and that individual pieces for 17 students should be prepared.
- Literature Bags will not come home next week, due to the long Winter Break.
- Thursday, December 14th is another special celebration day! Please allow your child to wear pajamas to school and bring their favorite stuffed animal. We recommend that students wear normal school shoes, as we will still play outside on the playground. Here is a letter to explain more… PJ Day (4)-1rhgjdq
- Thursday, December 14th is our last day of school for 2017. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. We will see you back on Sunday, January 7, 2018. If your family is traveling earlier than the 14 or later than January 7, please notify me via email.
- Thank you again for your contribution and time to our Winter Celebration on Thursday. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! Have a wonderful Winter break!!!
A reminder that this Thursday is our KG-1 Winter Celebration that will be held at 8am in the school cafeteria. Children are to come to school dressed in festive party clothes. Please sign up to bring a food item.
We will be singing a song followed by a shared breakfast – it should last no longer than 8:45ish
We look forward to seeing you there!!