This week in KG-1ECC
We read the stories ‘Shark in the Park’ and ‘Shark in the Dark’ as we focused on our sense of sight. The children enjoyed using there telescopes to go on a looking walk around the school.
In learning centers this week:
Literacy- The children worked on different activities for the 7 letters we are learning – created the letters out of wikistick; Matched and stamped upper and lower case letters; and identified and looked for the letter Ee amongst other letters and coloured items that begin with the Ee sound.
Math- The children are learning to sort object in different ways.
Unit of Inquiry – The children explored different items with their five senses; made telescopes and were scientist as they investigated with magnets.
Here is a video of us learning in centers!
We have been growing our pumpkin seeds over the past month in the classroom. Today the children took their plants and planted them outside in the garden.
The children decorated the Caring Boxes, sorted the items and made Thank You cards. On Thursday we gave the boxes to our wonderful support staff!
This week the certificates went to Lyan and Richard who have done a fantastic job tidying up after centers and free inquiry as well as making sure the classroom is nice and tidy throughout the day. Well Done!
Next week in KG-1ECC
We will be learning about the UAE through many different activities as well as attending the national day celebration on Wednesday.
- Our SWIMMING has officially ended until after Spring Break. The weather has turned cooler and we will take a break until warm weather returns in April. We are proud that so many students have been Risk-takers in their swimming experience!
- Next Wednesday, November 29, UAS will celebration UAE National Day!!! All students are encouraged to wear UAE colors (red, green, black and white) or UAE national dress. (This is NOT your child’s national/country dress, unless you are Emirati of course). There will be lots of photos on this day!
- No School on Thursday, November 30 and Sunday, December 3. Enjoy UAE National Day/Weekend with your families!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS… Thursday, December 7, we would like to invite all parents to join us for our KG1 Winter Celebration, at 8:00 am in the cafeteria. We will send more information out next week.
- Handwriting Without Tears– At Parent Teacher Conferences, we gave all parents a handout explaining the proper formation of writing the alphabet. Thursday, we are sending home some “pieces” similar to what we use at school, for you to cut out and practice with your child at home. These include, Big Line, Little Line, Big Curve and Little Curve. Also, we are sending you a copy of the Picture Cards that will help learn the SOUNDS of each letter. We are excited about this program and thank you for spending time with your child at home, learning together!