This week in KG-1ECC
This week has been a busy week in KG-1. We have been working on learning our friends names through games, songs, books and each morning this week the children have been recognising their name written on an envelope for morning mail – they have been looking inside their envelope and naming who is on the picture. We have been investigating our names – Decorating names, recognising names, building names, counting how many letters are in our name and graphed to see who has the most, least and the same. Also they identified letters that are in their name and NOT in their name.
We read the book, watched the song Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? we even sung the song in class. On Monday we made cookies with the children helping to make the mixture and thank you to Ahmad who took the cookies home to bake them and brought them back for us to eat on Tuesday. We have made a class book based on the book and song.
The children have been enjoying learning some new songs. One of their favourite songs is Slippery Fish – Watch them do an amazing job. They have learnt the song and actions so quickly!
In centers this week the children have been working on many skills
- Exploring letters with stamps and stencil rubbings
- Gluing number and letters
- Sorting pasta and pom poms by colour
- Developing on their fine motor skills through using golf tees to make holes and threading beads onto pipe cleaners
- Using scissors to cut straight lines
Cookie Recipe (ANZAC Biscuits)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 125grams of butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boling water
- Preheat oven to 18o degrees celcius. Lightly grease the tray or use baking paper
- Combine the oats, flour, coconut and sugar together in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and add to the butter mixture.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together
- Roll into balls and flatter on tray allowing room for them to spread
- Bake for 12-15mins, cooking one tray at a time.
We have made many class books over the past few weeks. These books will be coming home to you over the next couple of weeks. Please enjoy reading these stories with your child. It is a great way to see if they can recognise and name all their classmates names and who they like to play with at school. Please remember to have these for one night only so another child can take it home the following day. Here are the titles so far we have made 6!
Next week in KG-1ECC
Next week we will learn to be prepared for what to if there is a fire at school. We will read stories and practise what to do and where we need to go. We will be learning about shapes that are around us and model different ways to be a kind friend – sharing, using kind words, being caring and helpful. We will visit the Dramatic play room.
- Today the October Calendar went home in your child’s folder – please take the time to look at what will be happening through out the month.
- Back to School information session on Monday Oct 2nd please make sure you have filled out the form if you have not done so already . There are two sessions one at 1pm and again at 5:15pm. I highly recommend attending this information session.
- We will begin show and tell next week – Please make sure your child only brings and shares on their day. Its a great idea to practise what they might say when they share with the class. Here are some ideas – What is it? What do they do with it? Where did they get it from? Why is it special?
- Scholastic orders due on Wednesday 4th October – I will send home the brochure on Sunday and talk about this at Back to School Information Session.
- UAS community fair 12-5pm October 5th