This week in KG-1
This week we had our last Free Flow Free Inquiry for the year. We invited KG-2 to join in the fun with us, this meant the children were able to visit KG-2 classes as well.
We read many Pigeon stories written by Mo Willem such as “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!” “The Pigeon Needs a Bath” “The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!” and many more….. The children were artists as they followed step by step directions on how to draw the Pigeon. Check out the video below.
On Tuesday the children participated in Moving on Up Day! The children were split up into 3 groups. The visited 3 KG-2 classrooms and met the all the KG-2 teachers for next year – Mrs. Finney, Ms. Daramola and Ms. McCarthy. You will find out at the beginning of the school year who your child’s teacher will be. The purpose of Moving on Up Day is to give the children a chance to meet all the teachers and help for a smooth transition for the children into KG-2
Next week is the last week for children in KG-1. It has been a fabulous year and as a teacher it is so rewarding to see how much the children have grown since the beginning of the school year. We have lots of things happening next week such as Super Hero Day, End of Year Celebration (EOY) and KG-1 Fun Day – please see the reminders below for more details on each event.
- NO SCHOOL THURSDAY (tomorrow) or SUNDAY for Eid al Fitr holiday!
- Playground/Morning arrival – Students should continue to bring water bottles with them each morning when they arrive on the playground. We are going to continue staying out til around 8:25 each morning for next week!
- On Monday, the rest of the school will go back to regular dismissal time, which means KG1 bus riders will leave at 12:45, as they did before Ramadan. After School Care will resume normal schedule, unless you notify me otherwise. Parent Pickups are still 12:45 for KG1.
- Monday is Super Hero Day– Students should dress as their favorite super hero and can wear costumes or t-shirts. If the costume is too hot to wear all day, you may send a change of clothes.
- Tuesday is EOY Celebration- We are looking forward to celebrating a successful year of KG1! Next Tuesday students should wear party clothing to school. Parents are invited to come to the MPH around 11:20 to place your food items (Main Dish) on the tables and grab a seat. We will start promptly at 11:30! IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND, BUT YOUR CHILD IS ATTENDING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ALSO, IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING BUT YOUR CHILD IS, WE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO SEND THE FOOD ITEM WITH THEM TO SCHOOL PLEASE. FOOD ITEMS MAY BE PLACED ON DISPOSABLE PLATES/TRAYS/ETC. IF YOUR FOOD ITEM REQUIRES A SERVING UTENSIL, PLEASE BRING ALSO, AS WE MAY NOT HAVE THOSE AVAILABLE AT SCHOOL. We will have sign out sheets in the MPH for you to sign your child out, following the program.
- Wednesday is Fun Day- Students are NOT swimming this day, but will get wet! Please have your child wear their swimsuit to school with their PURPLE class shirt over it, and any shorts they don’t mind getting wet! They are also encouraged to wear a hat, as we will be outside an hour or so! Apply sunscreen before school if needed. Then, send a dry uniform shirt/shorts/underwear/towel and slippers inside a bag, so they can change and come home dry!
- Thursday is the LAST DAY OF KG1 with 12:45 dismissal! There is no school for KG1 the last week of the school year, due to Early Years teacher professional development and planning for the next school year!