- On Sunday the children will bring home their line to memorize for the End of Year Celebration on June 6th. Please keep it in a safe place and help them learn their line. The easiest way to memorize something is just to practice every day, even if they seem to know it, continue to practice at least once a day.
- End of the Year celebration June 6th at 9.45am. Be sure to try to get time off of work for this special time. It should last under an hour. The children should come to school dressed in “party clothes”.
- There is an all school Iftar on Wed., May 30th at 6:15 pm in the school Cafeteria. You and your family are welcome to bring a dish and share with others.
- PTSO is collecting food items to donate to others for Eid. We have a box in our classroom. Donated items could be such things as a bag of rice, oil, canned food, or macaroni.
- KG2AO will have their MAP testing on May 29 and 30. I know it is Ramadan, but please do your best to see that they have a good night sleep the night before.
- If you know for sure that your child will not be returning to UAS next year, please be sure to stop in at the admissions office so they can begin to get your leaving papers together.
- May 27th will be the first day of ART. PE will finish on May 24th.
This is a lot of important information. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Have a lovely weekend
Ramadan Kareem! Just a reminder Ramadan timings start from tomorrow. Children should line up at 7.50am. You can pick your child up from 12.45, this is 5 minutes earlier to help ease the traffic problems.
School begins at 8:00 am (bell at 7:50)
KG2 car riders picked up at 12:50. Please be on time.
KG2 bus children put on buses at 12:55
We will have one recess and one set eating time
Children will have the option to eat again during
playtime at the end of the day if they are hungry.
We will eat lunch in the classroom, not the cafeteria so
they will not have a microwave available to them.
A plan has been set in place by the school for indoor
recess once the temperature gets too hot.
KG2 children will be allowed to drink water outside and,
in the classroom, as usual.
Please try your best to be on time to pick your child up
at the end of the day. With the entire school being
dismissed at the same time it is going to be very
crowded and hectic.
Swimming is finished. We will have regular PE, some
taking place in the classroom. We will begin Art on May
24 th .
Our schedule will stay basically the same as it is now
with the exception of Arabic and Islamic/or skills club.
We will alternate Arabic and Islamic/or skills club every
Just a reminder, there is no school tomorrow. See you all on Monday 🙂
This week we have started looking at fairytales, their settings, characters, beginning, middle, end, problem & solution and magic. We have read lots of different versions of Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood comparing and what is the same and what is different. We worked today to make a giant fairytale poster. Have a look
We will continue working on this and adding new fairytales.
We have also been working on number bonds and subtraction stories in Math.
We worked hard on our books. We published them for our wall display.
We had such fun this afternoon. We played lots of party games. I have attached some photographs from the party and musical statues. 🙂 I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
This gallery contains 12 photos.
Tomorrow we will be having a party. This is to say well done to the children for being so fantastic and filling up their sticker buckets. Children should still wear their uniform but they can bring in 1 toy. I will provide the party treats 🙂
I also want to say thank you to all the parents who sent in food for the teacher appreciation lunch, everything was so delicious! It was a real treat, you are all so generous 🙂
Save the Date!!!!
Wednesday, June 6th 9:45 – 10.25am will be our Kindergarten End of Year Celebration. This is a very exciting day for KG so mark the date on your calendar now! You will receive more detailed information later.
Just to let you know our library day will be Sunday next week instead of Monday. So please make sure your child has their library book for Sunday.