Universal American School of Dubai
Summer Learning KG2
Here are some summer activities for students to do over the summer:
- READING and being READ to every day!
- Writing journal: Make a summer writing journal and have the students write sentences about the fun activities they do every day.
- Websites for kids to use over the summer can be found here.
- Having time for physical play- running, jumping, climbing, swimming. (gonoodle.com is a great website for staying active inside when temperatures are hot).
- Make playdough together with your child (the recipe can be found here).
- Use blocks, puzzles, legos and playdough to build and create with. Encourage your child to maintain focus on the activity for at least 20 minutes and tidy it up themselves afterwards.
- Coloring, cutting, painting, to create their own projects.
- Play-dates with other children.
- Stay on a good routine and schedule.
- For fine motor development: for information and ideas of how to work with your child, click here.
- Practice Dolch sight word list- Find the list here. Practice reading and spelling the words in a fun way. Some examples are found here.
- If you are interested in practice worksheets, you can find a good packet here(you will need to purchase, download and print it yourself).