Because it is their last day, I thought the kiddos might enjoy wearing whatever they want to school. Let them pick out something that expresses who they are. It’s ok if it doesn’t even match. We’re just going to have fun and enjoy our last day together. So uniforms are optional tomorrow. Have a great evening!
It has been an amazing year. I have watched all of my babies grow into responsible and independent little people. They have learned to make friends, use words to solve problems, persevere through difficult tasks and most importantly that they are all smart and special in their own way. I love each and every one of them. Thank you for trusting me with your children and supporting our class. You have made this year so special. Your children are wonderful because you are wonderful! It has been such a pleasure to teach your kids and to get to know your families. I am confident that all of my little ones are prepared and will be successful in KG2. Finally, thank you all so much for the thoughtful gift. I’m going shopping this weekend for summer clothes to take home and wear on vacation. To all the dads…Happy Father’s Day! Have a wonderful summer and come visit next year. Thanks so much for an unforgettable year.
Click here to view our last week of class photos.
Just wanted to send out a few reminders for this week.
Monday 6/18: Superhero Day – Students come dressed as their favorite superhero.
Tuesday 6/19: End of year celebration @11:30 in the MPH
Wednesday 6/20: Fun Day – Wear orange t-shirt with swimsuit underneath.
Thursday 6/21: Last day of KG1 😢
*Please note that PK and KG1 will continue with Ramadan morning schedule, and will leave the playground at 8:30.
* KG1 participated in Move Up Day on Tuesday. Students had a great time visiting the KG2 classrooms for a little chat of what to expect for next year and engaging in some activities to show how smart they are! The students were broken up into three groups, which means they got to work with friends from other classes. Mrs. Finney, Ms. Daramola and Ms. McCarthy commented on how principled all of our students were! Please click here to view our KG1 students moving up!
*In addition to moving up day, PreK, KG1 and Kg2 all participated in Free Flow this week.
* NO SCHOOL THURSDAY (tomorrow) or SUNDAY for Eid al Fitr holiday!
*This week your child has brought home many different things. They are all yours to keep at home.
* Playground/Morning arrival – Students should continue to bring water bottles with them each morning when they arrive on the playground. We are going to continue staying out until around 8:25 each morning for next week!
* On Monday, the rest of the school will go back to regular dismissal time, which means KG1 bus riders will leave at 12:45, as they did before Ramadan. After School Care will resume normal schedule, unless you notify me otherwise. Parent Pickups are still 12:45 for KG1.
* Monday is Super Hero Day- Students should dress as their favorite super hero and can wear costumes or t-shirts. If the costume is too hot to wear all day, you may send a change of clothes.
* Tuesday is EOY Celebration- We are looking forward to celebrating a successful year of KG1! Next Tuesday students should wear party clothing to school. Parents are invited to come to the MPH around 11:20 to place your food items on the tables and grab a seat. We will start promptly at 11:30! IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND, BUT YOUR CHILD IS ATTENDING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ALSO, IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING BUT YOUR CHILD IS, WE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO SEND THE FOOD ITEM WITH THEM TO SCHOOL PLEASE. FOOD ITEMS MAY BE PLACED ON DISPOSABLE PLATES/TRAYS/ETC. IF YOUR FOOD ITEM REQUIRES A SERVING UTENSIL, PLEASE BRING ALSO, AS WE MAY NOT HAVE THOSE AVAILABLE AT SCHOOL. We will have sign out sheets in the MPH for you to sign your child out, following the program.
* Wednesday is Fun Day- Students are NOT swimming this day, but will get wet! Please have your child wear their swimsuit to school with their Orange class shirt over it, and any shorts they don’t mind getting wet! They are also encouraged to wear a hat, as we will be outside an hour or so! Apply sunscreen before school if needed. Then, send a dry uniform shirt/shorts/underwear/towel and slippers inside a bag, so they can change and come home dry!
* Thursday is the LAST DAY OF KG1 with 12:45 dismissal! There is no school for KG1 the last week of the school year, due to Early Years teacher professional development and planning for the next school year!
I apologize in advance for the long blog post, but there are lots of announcements for the end of year.
This week we read books by Julia Donaldson. Among them were the Gruffalo, The Gruffalo’s Child and Stick Man. Our class continued to practice retelling stories. Thank you again for the donation of props. Our class LOVES using them.
CENTERS: In centers we created our own number stories. Students filled in the missing beginning or ending sound in words, created Gruffalo masks, and matched representations of numbers in different ways.
BOOK ORDERS: Scholastic orders are due on Sunday June 10th. My recommendations are…
- -Any of the Dr. Seuss books (Green Eggs and Ham, The Lorax)
- -The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- -The Pigeon books by Mo Willems
- -No David!**** This is a class favorite.
- –Giraffes Can’t Dance and Rumble in the Jungle are also available individually for 36AED if you do not want to purchase the pack. (just write them down on the order form)
- -Any nonfiction books about animals, space, science
*If you have any questions please email me.
RAMADAN FRIDGE- We visited the Ramadan Fridge this week and filled it with lots of yummy food and drinks for the workers. Thank you for sending in items to support this special activity during the Ramadan season.
LIBRARY BOOKS- All library books should have been returned by now. If your child still has a book at home, PLEASE return to school ASAP, so that fines will not be charged for lost or missing books!
SHOW AND TELL- Next week (June 10-14) is the LAST WEEK FOR SHOW AND TELL.
PORTFOLIOS- Your child will bring home their portfolio next Monday, June 11. These are complete and are yours to keep! We hope you enjoy them as much as we have enjoyed making them!
MOVING UP DAY- We will visit the KG2 classrooms, next Tuesday, June 12. We will begin promptly at 8:30, so please have your child at school by 8:15! Your child should WEAR THEIR ORANGE CLASS T-SHIRT. Parents will not attend this.
EOY CELEBRATION- We are preparing for our End of Year Celebration for students and parents, on Tuesday, June 19, starting promptly at 11:30 in the MPH. We also have a song for Dads, so please try to attend if possible. We realize that some families will not be here as they will be traveling early, and it’s okay. Maybe just have those conversations with your child, that as we practice our songs in class, etc, they will understand that some people will not be in attendance. (It’s just the way it is at the end of the year).
Food for Celebration- We are asking parents to contribute food for the EOY Celebration and we have assigned food lists for each class! PLEASE BRING THE FOOD TO THE MPH AND PLACE ON THE TABLES AROUND 11:20. WE WILL BEGIN OUR PROGRAM PROMPTLY AT 11:30!
- I would like for my parents to bring one tray of a main entree. For example: individual size pizzas, chicken nuggets, small sandwiches, etc. NO NUTS!
EID- There has been no formal announcement yet regarding the EID holiday. Most likely we will be off school 1-2 days. We will notify you when we receive the announcement.
LEAVING – If your plans for your child’s last day has changed from what you have told me already, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so that we can have everything prepared and say our proper goodbyes!
SUPERHERO DAY IS MONDAY, JUNE 18– DRESS AS YOUR FAVORITE!
EOY CELEBRATION, TUESDAY, JUNE 19– DETAILS ABOVE!
KG1 FUN DAY IS WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20– WEAR SWIMSUIT TO SCHOOL UNDER ORANGE CLASS T-SHIRT AND UNIFORM SHORTS! SEND A TOWEL FOR DRYING OFF, AS WE WILL GET WET OUTSIDE!
THIS IS A VERY BUSY TIME OF YEAR FOR ALL OF US… PLEASE CHECK THE BLOG, ANY EMAILS AND YOUR JUNE CALENDARS FOR REMINDERS! THANKS!
Have a great weekend!
It’s finally finished! The links are below. Sorry it took so long, but it was a long process to edit the videos and upload them. Enjoy!
Please email me if you are having trouble with the links. Those students not appearing in Goldilocks last week will get to act out The Gruffalo this week.
HWEO – We finished all of our retelling performances. I am so proud of all of them. They did such a great job. Thank you for practicing with your child. I will send a separate post with our class videos.
CENTERS- We wrapped up our Goldilocks and the Three Bears readings. The students also finished making their crafts. Please have them retell the story to you using their props. We continued learning about addition number stories and solving word problems. Example: Two friends are swimming in the pool. Three more friends join them. How many friends are swimming in the pool altogether? Next week students will create and illustrate their own number stories.
We will be attending the grade 2 musical tomorrow. Because the musical begins at 8:15, students who are here at 8:05 will attend. However, if you would like to bring your child later, they can remain on the playground and enter the building at 8:25. Students staying behind will go to Mrs. D’cruz’ class until the musical is over.
Have a great day!
RAMADAN KAREEM! Ramadan Schedule began today. Just a reminder that our morning schedule for KG1 has changed slightly. Students may not be dropped off before 7:30, as there is no supervision until that time. We will be staying on the playground each morning until 8:25 since the weather is cooler then. YOUR CHILD SHOULD BRING THEIR WATER BOTTLE TO THE PLAYGROUND WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT SCHOOL EACH DAY. There is no need for you to wait for the whistle to blow, and we will do our attendance after 8:25.
READ ALOUDS– This week we began reading about Cinderella. Students were very familiar with the story, so we spent more time retelling it and acting it out as a class.
CENTERS– This week we continued to work on number stories. Students used story mats to tell a number story using the provided pictures. For example, there were 3 goldfish in the bowl and 2 more jumped in. Now there are 5 goldfish in the bowl. Some students practiced identifying the beginning sound while others practiced identifying the ending sound. We are at the point in the year where children are progressing at different paces, so they will be working on different skills based on their individual and group needs.
CELEBRATIONS– On Monday we celebrated Laila’s 5th birthday. Her mom and dad came with cupcakes and treats for the kids. Happy Birthday Laila!
In celebration of the start of Ramadan, Omar and his family brought in special treats yesterday to share with the class. We painted Ramadan cookies and talked about our families that will be fasting. Thank you to Omar and his parents.