* KG1 participated in Move Up Day on Tuesday. Students had a great time visiting the KG2 classrooms for a little chat of what to expect for next year and engaging in some activities to show how smart they are! The students were broken up into three groups, which means they got to work with friends from other classes. Mrs. Finney, Ms. Daramola and Ms. McCarthy commented on how principled all of our students were! Please click here to view our KG1 students moving up!
*In addition to moving up day, PreK, KG1 and Kg2 all participated in Free Flow this week.
* NO SCHOOL THURSDAY (tomorrow) or SUNDAY for Eid al Fitr holiday!
*This week your child has brought home many different things. They are all yours to keep at home.
* Playground/Morning arrival – Students should continue to bring water bottles with them each morning when they arrive on the playground. We are going to continue staying out until around 8:25 each morning for next week!
* On Monday, the rest of the school will go back to regular dismissal time, which means KG1 bus riders will leave at 12:45, as they did before Ramadan. After School Care will resume normal schedule, unless you notify me otherwise. Parent Pickups are still 12:45 for KG1.
* Monday is Super Hero Day- Students should dress as their favorite super hero and can wear costumes or t-shirts. If the costume is too hot to wear all day, you may send a change of clothes.
* Tuesday is EOY Celebration- We are looking forward to celebrating a successful year of KG1! Next Tuesday students should wear party clothing to school. Parents are invited to come to the MPH around 11:20 to place your food items on the tables and grab a seat. We will start promptly at 11:30! IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND, BUT YOUR CHILD IS ATTENDING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ALSO, IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING BUT YOUR CHILD IS, WE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO SEND THE FOOD ITEM WITH THEM TO SCHOOL PLEASE. FOOD ITEMS MAY BE PLACED ON DISPOSABLE PLATES/TRAYS/ETC. IF YOUR FOOD ITEM REQUIRES A SERVING UTENSIL, PLEASE BRING ALSO, AS WE MAY NOT HAVE THOSE AVAILABLE AT SCHOOL. We will have sign out sheets in the MPH for you to sign your child out, following the program.
* Wednesday is Fun Day- Students are NOT swimming this day, but will get wet! Please have your child wear their swimsuit to school with their Orange class shirt over it, and any shorts they don’t mind getting wet! They are also encouraged to wear a hat, as we will be outside an hour or so! Apply sunscreen before school if needed. Then, send a dry uniform shirt/shorts/underwear/towel and slippers inside a bag, so they can change and come home dry!
* Thursday is the LAST DAY OF KG1 with 12:45 dismissal! There is no school for KG1 the last week of the school year, due to Early Years teacher professional development and planning for the next school year!