This week we began learning about different countries around the world. Our class traveled to Ms. C-C and Ms. D’Cruz to learn about New Zealand and China. Upon returning to class, each student drew a picture in their journals about what they had learned about each country.
We celebrated two birthdays this week…Ms. Magz and Mia D. Happy Birthday!!!!
In centers, our class used special skin tone paint to create a portraits of ourselves. We also worked together to complete a floor puzzle of the world.
Students were happy to participate in free flow inquiry again this week. They also visited the dramatic play room.
*Don’t forget to visit our Flickr account for more photos.
- This week we began to explore different countries, leading up to our International Day. Ms. Amber is teaching about France, Mrs. Beam about Greece, Ms. CC about New Zealand and Mrs. DeCruz about China.
- There is No School this coming Sunday, Feb. 25, as teachers have Professional Development.
- For Show and Tell next week, we are asking children to ONLY bring something from their Home Country (small flag, poster, photo, object, OR food to share – must be individual pieces for each student). Sunday Show and Tell students, can bring on Monday.
- UAS Elementary will celebrate International Dress Day on Wednesday, Feb 28. Your child should wear their national dress or colors of their flag! This is different than the calendar first stated, and this year there is No Parade. Rest assured we will take LOTS of photos to post on our blog and Flickr accounts!!!
- You should have received an earlier post from us this week, regarding a Parent Volunteer opportunity to be a Mystery Reader or a Date with Dad. Please sign up here. This is the week of March 4-8.
- If you ordered a t-shirt for Book Week, the deadline was today and t-shirts “should” come home with your child nextThursday, March 1.
Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!