We are excited to be sending home information for IXL today, a web-based math program that your child can explore and do “homework” at home now. Each child has their own username and login.
We will set monthly goals for them to work on. They can always work on more, but at least try to cover the areas below.
Below are the goals for December and January. The letter in your child’s folder will explain in more detail.
- C.1Learn to count – up to 10
- C.2Count objects – up to 10
- C.3Count dots – up to 10
- C.4Count shapes – up to 10
- C.5Count using stickers – up to 10
- C.6Count on ten frames – up to 10
- C.7Show numbers on ten frames – up to 10
- C.8Represent numbers – up to 10
- K.1Name the shape
- K.6Circles, squares, and triangles
“Run, run, as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!”
This week’s centers were focused on the Gingerbread Man. We read several different versions of the story including the The Gingerbread Girl.
We went on another sensory walk and recorded what we observed.
In science we are learning about birds. We went bird watching outside and listened to the different sounds.
We wrote letters to Santa and put them in Santa’s Mailbox.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you for making today such a special day for our kids. They were soooooo excited to perform for you. Here is a video from today. If you have any videos or photos that you would like to share please add them to this shared google folder. To view more photos please visit our class Flickr.
Looking ahead to next week…
- Five Senses Show and Tell- Your child should bring ONE item related to seeing, smelling, tasting, hearing or touching, next week on their regular scheduled day. “If” they choose to bring an item for tasting, please remember no nuts and that individual pieces for 20 students should be prepared.
- Literature Bags will not come home next week, due to the long Winter Break. Also, we will not be checking out library books due to our long break.
- Thursday, December 14th is another special celebration day! Please allow your child to wear pajamas to school and bring their favorite stuffed animal. We recommend that students wear normal school shoes, as we will still play outside on the playground. Click on the letter to find out more.
- Thursday, December 14th is our last day of school for 2017. Students will be dismissed at 11:45. We will see you back on Sunday, January 7, 2018. If your family is traveling earlier than the 14 or later than January 7, please notify me via email.
- Thank you again for your contribution and time to our Winter Celebration on Thursday. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! Have a wonderful Winter break!!!
A reminder that this Thursday is our KG-1 Winter Celebration that will be held at 8am in the school cafeteria. Children are to come to school dressed in festive party clothes. Please sign up to bring a food item.
We will be singing a song followed by a shared breakfast – it should last no longer than 8:45ish
We look forward to seeing you there!!