We had a full and very busy week.
During centers we continue to practice identifying both the sound and name of the letters E, F, H, I, L, T and U. We also practiced sorting objects by shape, color and category. We also continued to explore our 5 senses. This included using microscopes.
This week was our last week swimming until the spring. We all had a blast in the pool together.
In honor of Thanksgiving, we discussed what we were thankful for and created our own thankful trees. We had a little difficulty understanding the concept of being grateful, but we did our best.
In preparation of UAE National week, we read the book The Camel That Got Away. Then we designed our very own camels.
Finally, all of our hard work paid off. We presented our support staff with our kindness boxes. The students were so proud of themselves. They brought in the items, placed them in the boxes, painted the boxes and made cards for each person. Our class was able to fill 8 boxes for support staff. Thank you to the parents for bringing in those items. The students then told everyone thank you and handed them the boxes.
This week’s rock stars are Sally and Laila for being kind friends. Congratulations girls!
- Our SWIMMING has officially ended until after Spring Break. The weather has turned cooler and we will take a break until warm weather returns in April. We are proud that so many students have been Risk-Takers in their swimming experience!
- Today we gave our Caring Boxes to our Support Staff! We have been so excited decorating our boxes and bags, making cards and sharing ways that we can be CARING!!! Thanks to all of you who sent in the items to make this event possible! Look for pics on the blog and Flickr!!!
- Next Wednesday, November 29, UAS will celebrate UAE National Day!!! All students are encouraged to wear UAE colors (red, green, black and white) or UAE national dress. (This is NOT your child’s national/country dress, unless you are Emirati of course). There will be lots of photos on this day!
- Also, on Wednesday, November 29, our class will be going outside to enjoy the Emirati presentations and fun day. We are asking for at least 4 parents for each of our KG1 classes, to assist us that morning between 8:30 and 9:30. If you are available and have not contacted your child’s teacher, please email her or add your name in this signup sheet… UAE Day Parent Volunteers Signup
- No School on Thursday, November 30 and Sunday, December 3. Enjoy UAE National Day/Weekend with your families!
- Student Portfolios were due back today. If you have not returned your child’s portfolio, please do so on Sunday. We hope you have enjoyed looking at these together with your child. We will add more items to them throughout the year!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS… Thursday, December 7, we would like to invite all parents to join us for our KG1 Winter Celebration, at 8:00 am in the cafeteria. We would also like to do a center rotation (like we did for Halloween) and have 4 parents volunteer to do winter activities with the children. We will send more information out next week.
- Handwriting Without Tears– At Parent Teacher Conferences, we gave all parents a handout (green packet) explaining the proper formation of writing the alphabet. Today, we are sending home some “pieces” similar to what we use at school, for you to cut out and practice with your child at home. These include, Big Line, Little Line, Big Curve and Little Curve. I would recommend laminating the pieces so they will last longer. Also, we are sending you a copy of the Picture Cards that will help learn the SOUNDS of each letter. We are excited about this program and thank you for spending time with your child at home, learning together!